Sometimes even minor imperfections can make you feel disappointed about your smile. Cosmetic re-contouring can be the perfect solution.
Cosmetic re-contouring is a procedure using “artful sculpting” of specific teeth in order to improve minor imperfections and irregularities. In some cases, re-contouring is combined with other cosmetic procedures, such as bonding and whitening in order to achieve the best results. The process is completed in one visit and usually does not require any numbing.
Re-contouring can be done to improve the following:
- Uneven edges of the teeth Minor overlapping of teeth
- Slightly shorten teeth
- Slight narrowing of one or more teeth
- Make slight changes to the shape of one or more teeth
- “Rounding” the corners of the teeth to give a softer appearance to the smile
- Used in conjunction with dental veneers or crowns to improve adjacent teeth
- Reshape the gum line (using a laser) to improve the contours and reveal more tooth
The process begins with a consultation to discuss your concerns and to evaluate how minor improvements can be made to enhance your smile. When necessary, impressions of your teeth are made to study, make measurements, and determine what will be done. When helpful, computerized imaging can be used to show you the results “virtually” before any re-contouring is actually done. Once a treatment plan has been developed, re contouring of the teeth can be done. You will leave the office feeling more confident about your new, enhanced smile!
Call us at 760-291-8454 for a consultation appointment. Dr. Malone will evaluate your mouth, learn what like and don’t like about your smile, and help determine a treatment plan that makes sense for your lifestyle.